Democracy Now! 2023-11-27 Monday
- Headlines for November 27, 2023
- Israel-Hamas Hostage Deal Highlights Plight of Palestinian Prisoners, Many of Them Children
- "There Is an Alternative": Meet the Israeli & Palestinian "Combatants for Peace" Urging Nonviolence
In Massachusetts, the Cambridge City Council has rejected a resolution calling for a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip. On Monday, the resolution failed after just two councilmembers voted “yes” and the remainder voted “present.” The vote came after members of the public lined up for over three hours to speak — most of them in favor of a ceasefire. And it followed a candlelight vigil outside Cambridge City Hall, where protesters read the names of Palestinian victims of Israel’s assault. Democracy Now!’s Hany Massoud filed this report from Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Democracy Now! 2023-11-22 Wednesday
- Headlines for November 22, 2023
- Israel & Hamas Agree to 4-Day Truce & Hostage Release as Netanyahu Threatens War on Gaza Will Go On
- Meet the Israeli History Teacher Arrested & Jailed for Facebook Posts Opposing Killing of Palestinians
- Gaza in Ruins: Satellite Imagery Researchers Say Israel has Destroyed or Damaged 56,000 Buildings
Democracy Now! 2023-11-20 Monday
- Headlines for November 20, 2023
- Palestinian Death Toll in Gaza Tops 13,000 as Israel Repeatedly Strikes U.N. Schools Housing Refugees
- Israel's Raid on Al-Shifa Questioned as IDF Fails to Present Hard Evidence Linking Hamas to Hospital
- Palestinian Activist Remembers Vivian Silver, Israeli Canadian Peace Activist Killed in Hamas Attack
Democracy Now! 2023-11-16 Thursday
- Headlines for November 16, 2023
- "Failure to Prevent Genocide": Biden Sued as U.S. Provides Arms & Support for Israel's Gaza Assault
- Israel Has Enjoyed Decades of Legal Impunity. Could the War on Gaza Finally Change That?
- Niece of Israeli PM Netanyahu Backs Ceasefire in Gaza, Says Military Solutions Will Not Bring Peace
Democracy Now! 2023-11-15 Wednesday
- Headlines for November 15, 2023
- Worse Than Hell: Dr. Mads Gilbert Decries Israeli Military Raid on Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza
- Peter Beinart: Israel Will Only Be Secure & Safe If Palestinians Are Given Freedom
- Rabbis for Ceasefire: Jewish Leaders Organize to Halt Israel's Bombardment of Gaza
- March for Israel Speaker Pastor Hagee Once Said God "Sent Hitler to Help Jews Reach the Promised Land"
Democracy Now! 2023-11-13 Monday
- Headlines for November 13, 2023
- Gaza Hospitals Fail Under Israeli Bombardment; Doctors Without Borders Describes Horrific Conditions
- "Beacon of Light": Fellow Doctors Recall Dr. Hammam Alloh, Gaza Doctor Killed by Israeli Airstrike
- "We're Being Exterminated": Hear One of Dr. Hammam Alloh's Last Interviews from Gaza Before His Death
Democracy Now! 2023-11-09 Thursday
- Headlines for November 09, 2023
- "We Have Come to an End": Palestine Red Crescent Says Gaza's Hospitals Are Out of Solutions
- "Unspeakable": Dr. Fady Joudah Grieves 50+ Family Members Killed in Gaza & Slams U.S. Media Coverage
- "Knuckle-Dragging Hawkishness": Matt Duss on GOP Presidential Primary Debate, Israel, Gaza & More
Never Again: Holocaust Survivor Marione Ingram on Israel's Assault on Gaza & Her Decades of Activism
Watch Part 2 of our interview with 87-year-old Holocaust survivor Marione Ingram, who has been protesting outside the White House calling for a ceasefire in Gaza. She describes her experience coming to the United States after World War II and getting involved in the civil rights movement, and how she was invited back to Germany, where she fled from, to address students about being critical of Israel amid fears of being called antisemitic.
Democracy Now! 2023-11-08 Wednesday
- Headlines for November 08, 2023
- The Choice Is Choice: Abortion Rights Supporters Win Big in Ohio, Kentucky and Virginia
- "I Will Not Be Silenced": Rep. Rashida Tlaib Calls for Gaza Ceasefire as House Votes to Censure Her
- "Stop This Madness": Holocaust Survivor Marione Ingram, 87, Condemns Israeli Assault & Calls for Peace
Watch Part 2 of our interview with Lauren Aratani, reporter for the Guardian US who is covering former President Donald Trump’ New York civil fraud case. She describes his testimony on Monday and how the trial has unfolded, and what could happen next.
Democracy Now! 2023-11-07 Tuesday
- Headlines for November 07, 2023
- Palestine Children's Relief Fund: Israel Is Threatening to Bomb Gaza's Only Pediatric Cancer Unit
- "No Ceasefire, No Votes": Arab American Support for Biden Plummets over Gaza Ahead of 2024 Election
- Trump Lashes Out at Judge, Attorney General in Fraud Trial That Could End His Real Estate Empire
As Gaza's Health System Collapses, JVP Doctor Occupies WA Senator's Office Calling for Ceasefire Now!
Watch Part 2 of our interview with Dr. Alice Rothchild, a retired OB-GYN who has long worked in Palestine and was last in Gaza in August. On Friday, she participated in a nonviolent protest to shut down the Federal Building in Seattle, where Democratic Senator Patty Murray of Washington has an office, urging the senator to call for an immediate ceasefire. She is on the steering committee of the Jewish Voice for Peace Health Advisory Council and providing frequent updates on the deteriorating medical situation on the ground in Gaza.